Each year I research the updated stats found online that show the continuous growth of the internet, websites and worldwide users. It always amazing me at the numbers and how high they are. It’s no wonder that digital marketing has replaced so much of the traditional print media type advertising. Not only because of the cost savings but mainly because of the potential audience reach.
Just look at these numbers and tell me you don’t say “WOW’ as you read them……
- 1.65 billion monthly active Facebook users
- 1.09 billion daily active users, on average
- 50 million business use Facebook pages
- 2.5 billion comments are made on Facebook pages every month
- 310 million monthly active users
- Every second 6,000 tweets are sent
- 400 million active monthly users
- Users have shared more than 40 billion photos
- 80 million photos are shared each day
- 100 million active monthly users
- 14 million articles are pinned daily
- 1 million business users worldwide
- 433 million users
- 100 million are active monthly users
SNAPCHAT (currently the fastest growing network)
- 100 million daily active users
- Second most used social network now besides Facebook
- Over 1 billion users
- 1/3 of all the people on the internet are you tubers
If you like reading about social media stats you can read them here:
Blogging has become increasingly popular over the years and is now a way for people to self publish their own thoughts, while businesses can utilize the marketing potential by publishing valuable information relating to their products and services to their target audience. No longer does one require a professional writer to publish materials (although in some instances it is recommended). Blogging may not be for everyone but for beginners it certainly is easy to learn with all the amazing tutorials available online. One of my favorite is http://www.lynda.com
Usually when I am working with clients I recommend setting up a blog to add valuable content to their website…but I always insist that before they do this they plan out a content schedule to ensure they can maintain the blog and product valuable content once they have it all set up. I think maintaining a blog and coming up with the content is key!
Even the blogging stats are staggering…..
- 6.7 million people publish blogs, 12 million write blogs using social networks
- 2.7 million blog posts are published every day
That’s a lot of reading material!!!
If you’d like to read more about Internet Stats & Facts for 2016 check this link out.
There are many sites that host various statistics and the numbers vary between sites but overall each site will tell you the same thing… The Internet users are growing and the social media arena is massive and over populated with various types of content and media.
It’s a new world that’s for sure…..it’s a digital world!